- Put a bag of frozen turkey meatballs in the slow cooker (mine was a 28 oz bag).
- Added a cup of barbecue sauce.
- Added a can of cranberry sauce.
- Stirred it around.
- Cooked it all on low for 4-5 hours.
We always used to make our own meatballs, until we found out that we like the frozen brand our grocery store carries just as well. I served the meatballs over white rice, and it was a hit with everyone. The only change I would make is that next time I am going to try doing it more like this, with a little less barbecue sauce and some soy sauce added in to balance the flavors.
Here’s a recap of the slow cooker recipes I’ve tried so far:
1. Santa Fe chicken
2. Sloppy joes
3. Baked potato bar
4. Sweet potato and black bean burritos
5. Pumpkin turkey chili
6. Salsa-lime chicken nachos
7. Turkey and bean chili
That makes 8 recipes down, 17 to go. This week, I’m making barbecue chicken sandwiches using the slow cooker. I’ll let you know how it goes!