I am just beginning to plan for our next year of homeschooling, so I have been checking in with last year’s plans to see how we are doing so far. I have posted updates about my 9th grader, 7th grader, and my 5th grader, so on to my youngest! Rose is in 2nd grade this year. I have copied my plans from last year here; comments & updates are in italics.
Spelling Workout B &C – Rose finished SWO B and did several lessons from SWO C, but we’ve decided to save the rest of SWO C for third grade. First Language Lessons Level 2– Finished last week!
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting 2C – Plugging away
The Ordinary Parent’s Guide to Teaching Reading– Finished! Writing with Ease Level 1(finish) & Level 2 – Level 1 is done; we’re not quite halfway through Level 2.
- Writing Strands Level 2 – Almost done – just one exercise left to go.
- Teaching Textbooks 3 – Plugging away; We cut down to 3 lessons per week to spend more time on multiplication facts.
Life of Fred Butterflies & Cats– Finished! We also read Dogs and Edgewood. We’ll pick up with Farming this fall.
- Sonlight Core B – This is going well; we just started week 24
- Sonlight Core B Science – Also on week 24
- Five in a Row – We have rowed many books from volume 1 (see them here) and have just begun volume 2.
- Classical Kids CD’s – We haven’t used these at all!
- Mark Kistler’s Draw3D and Artistic Pursuits Book 1 – We decided not to renew our Mark Kistler subscription, but she is steadily working through AP – she loves this program!