I will be sharing our curriculum choices for next school year over the next few weeks as I slowly plan them out. First up is Rose, who will be in fourth grade next year!
- First Language Lessons Level 4
- Writing Strands ~ finish level 3, move on to level 4
- Memorize 5-6 poems of her choice during the year
- Typing Instructor
- Spelling Workout D
- Zaner-Bloser Grade 4 Handwriting
History & Literature
- BookShark 3 ~ American History
- Five in a Row ~ I may continue using this program with her into next year as we have a few books left to row from Volume 3.
I also plan to read a variety of math picture books with Rose this year. I plan to work though the list provided in The Well-Trained Mind, in the grammar stage section. I am planning to do a little series here on the blog, featuring the math picture books we read, as we read them.
- Sonlight Science D (or she may combine with her siblings; I’m planning to give her a choice ~ more on that later)
Naturally, these plans are always subject to change, but I think this is a good starting point. Now on to planning for my rising seventh grader!