It’s summer! I am excited to actually have time built into our schedule to make it to the library. During this past school year, library trips just didn’t happen often enough. But this summer we have some convenient gaps in our schedule between picking up one kiddo and dropping off another….so I am planning a weekly library day! That means a library list is in order.
My own summer reading list includes some just for fun books. I read Wolf Hall during our recent vacation and was pretty excited to learn there was a sequel. And I loved the first Grantchester book so I definitely want to read the next two of those. Middlemarch is one I have had sitting on my nightstand for months.
- Wolf Hall Book 2
- Sidney Chambers and the Perils of the Night
- Sidney Chambers and the Problem of Evil
I also want to read some books about homeschooling or learning ~ for inspiration….
- Teach Like Finland
- The Secrets of Mental Math
- The Well-Trained Mind – I skim through this classic every year!
- Homeschooling for College Credit
- The Core
Next up I have a list of books to search out for the kids or suggest to them if they are stuck ~ some elementary/early middle grade for my youngers…
- Dragon Slippers (and sequels)
- Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin (two similar titles available)
- The Green Ember (and sequels)
- Story Thieves (and sequels)
- Wing and Claw (and sequel)
- The Rat Prince
- The Penderwicks
- Half Upon a Time ~ trilogy
Some later middle grade/young-adult titles for my olders….
- Lost in the Pacific 1942
- Strange the Dreamer
- Tales of the Peculiar
- A Study in Charlotte
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
- Thickety: A Path Begins
- The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle
- The Demon Dentist
Rose just started reading the Story Thieves series and she absolutely adores it. She literally sighs as she reads and tells me it is “the best book ever!”. I know the kids won’t necessarily like all (or even most) of my suggestions, but I think we’re off to a good start. I’d love additional summer reading suggestions if you have any!
Thanks for stopping by!