While we haven’t technically finished up last school year ~ looking at my two olders who still have several math lessons to go ~ I am definitely thinking about next year and trying to squeeze in a bit of planning time each day.
Here are the things I am hoping to get accomplished in the next few weeks:
- Finalize basic curriculum plans for each child
- Consider online classes for my oldest – I’m thinking about Bravewriter
- Decide on a family art and music plan for the upcoming year
- Place curriculum orders
- Plan for and sign up for extracurricular activities
- Create a 36-week plan for each child
- Order a teacher planner and fill out the first week ~ I love Plum Paper for this
- Set up my working teacher binder
- Order student planners ~ possibly from Plum Paper as well?
- Submit samples and plans to school district for review
- Check supplies – pencils, binders, notebook paper, etc. and make a shopping list
- Purchase art and lab supplies needed for whole year
- Clean off school shelves, file all papers, store or toss curriculum, restock for a new year
- Pre-read Sonlight Core 300 history & literature
- Deep clean the house – I always want to do this and usually don’t get very far, so we’ll see!
- Plan Five in a Row for the year
- Read some inspiring books
- Plan a routine for next school year – how our days & week might (ideally) look
- Set up a fall meal plan – meal planning takes me too much time; I’d like to try to do it ahead
- Update chore chart
- Update (by which I mean start!) high school transcript for my rising 11th grader
In addition to these things, I really need to get in gear about late highschool/college. I keep putting this off and really just need to put my head down and get going. So be expecting a second list detailing my checklist for that…after I research, talk to Grace, and wrap my brain around things a bit. I keep telling myself no one said this would be easy!
Thanks for visiting!