Hi! My name is Kim and I’m a homeschooling mom of four ~ ages 17, 15, 13, and 9. My husband and I have been married for almost 20 years. We have always homeschooled, so if you count from the time our oldest was in kindergarten, I’ve been at this gig for 12 years! I love talking about books and curriculum and recording what we are doing, which is why I started this blog so many years ago. I try to share my thoughts on all of the curriculum we use and I’m happy to answer any questions about the books and other products I have reviewed.
A dozen things about our family:
- We live in New England, in a very small, rural town.
- We have two dogs, two cats, 12 chickens, and 3 goats.
- The kids are all very much into sports ~ We have an equestrian, a rock climber, an archer/rock climber, and a dancer ~ we spent a lot of time driving!
- We have never been part of a co-op and we aren’t currently part of a homeschool group.
- Our oldest is dual-enrollled at a community college this year and will continue their full-time next year, her senior year of high school.
- We love to travel ~ some of our more recent trips have been to Ireland, Costa Rica, Quebec City, Arizona & Utah, and San Diego.
- I am a homeschooling mom by trade, but I also write part-time. I have written for websites and print publications and hope to expand my time doing so as the kids get older.
- We love to cook! All of the kids have their own night to cook, either on their own or with help ~ this will be a home-ec credit for my high schoolers!
- We have a house full of books, and I am currently trying to read 52 books in 52 weeks.
- I keep an Instagram record of our homeschooling days @onehomeschoolingmama
- In our homeschool, we mostly use a combination of The Well-Trained Mind and BookShark (or Sonlight).
- Even though the pictures may make it seem otherwise, things do not go smoothly all the time around here! In fact, it is a very rare day that I would define as smooth.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy your visit and please feel free to comment or leave a question on any post.