- Halloween Stained Glass Coloring Book ~ not a book per se, but Rose adores these little coloring books. The completed pages make great seasonal window decorations.
- Demon Dentist – This one has been on my list ever since I heard the author compared to Roald Dahl. James has volunteered to preview it and let me know if it’s too scary for his younger sister.
- Roald Dahl’s Book of Ghost Stories – I bought this primarily for my boys because they love ghost stories. But, I am planning to read it too;).
- The Witch Family – This one is for Rose (9) – she has already read it and told me it was “awesome”.
- Through the Woods – A very spooky graphic novel… James (12) read it in one day and said it’s pretty scary. I would definitely not recommend this title to anyone under 12, having read one of the stories myself!
- It – This one is for me. I remember reading it as a young teen (my parents weren’t too big on policing our reading!) and I have always wanted to re-read it. Usually around this time of year I read The Haunting of Hill House, which is my all-time favorite ghost story, but this year I decided to switch things up.
So that’s our “fun” book pile for October!